Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I unsubscribe,
temporarily stop delivery, get daily digests or not, etc.?
- What are the purposes and rules for molvis-list?
See "About molvis-list".
- Where are the archives (history, past messages) from molvis-list?
- How much traffic does molvis-list have? How many subscribers?
ANSWER: see molvis-list statistics.
- Where can I find
- An interactive tutorial on the structure
of a particular molecule?
- Molecular structure tutorials in
- Molecular structure data (PDB) files for small molecules, lipid bilayers, ...?
- Physical molecular models and molecular sculpture?
- MolVis software (free and commercial)?
ANSWERS: Please go to
which also indexes:
- Protein Explorer? proteinexplorer.org
- Tutorials on DNA Structure, Hemoglobin, etc. authored by Eric Martz?
- The MDL Chime plugin?
- Technical help for authoring Chime-based websites?
- Jmol, a java applet that understands the Chime command language?
- Newest version of RasMol with reference manual, FAQ, multi-language support,
manual docking of multiple molecules, true slabbing, etc.:
RasMol 2.6 (1999) with extensive help for beginners, FAQ, tutorials,
gallery, guides to the select command, colors, bonds, etc.:
Most of the tutorials and guides here are not duplicated at rasmol.org,
and remain largely applicable to the newer RasMol program.
Feedback to emartz microbio.umass.edu