[BiO BB] open source ideas

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Tue Aug 21 20:24:05 EDT 2001

Joel Dudley wrote:

>   I have the greatest urge to create free, open-source applications for
> biological research, but as I scan the lists of available software it seems
> like it has all been done

If you're referring to projects list at BiO, most are just getting started or
are under development.  I wouldn't say they're "done" ;-)  You may want to
consider joining one of the projects, whatever interests you.

Cheers.
Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin