[BiO BB] open source ideas

bioinfo bioinfo at biosystemsconsulting.com
Tue Aug 21 23:56:09 EDT 2001

Hello,
	I agree it could be expanded to a much larger submission / compilation
tool.  I considered creating the application using Perl / CGI scripts with a
Web interface and I came to the conclusion that it would be more user
friendly if anyone could install it on their local machine and run a
graphical interface that allowed easy director selection and data entry for
the header files.  While writing it as a Visual application does limit it to
the windows platform if it were written in Java with an installer that
queried the system for OS type then it could install the necessary Java
components and it could run essentially platform independent.  Anyway, I
would love to see this program as an independent application rather than as
PERL scripts on a website.

Mark Burke