[BiO BB] help !

Tanya Vavouri tvavouri at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:33:57 EST 2001

Help !

I have a very simple problem that I'm trying to solve using Perl...but I've
spent quite a bit of time thinking about it and I have only come up with a
very slow solution (too slow!). I'm sure that there must be a fast and easy
solution to this problem so if you have any ideas please let me know.

The problem is : I have sequences in groups that may overlap and I am trying
to get all the groups that overlap together. So, lets say that every
sequence is represented by a letter and I have groups such as:

Group 1 : A B C
Group 2 : D E F K
Group 3 : G H A
Group 4 : L M H R S

So, I want to write a program to give me only 2 "super" groups from the
above, ie

Supergroup I  : A B C G H L M R S
Supergroup II : D E F K

Any ideas would be very VERY welcome !