[BiO BB] Linux Clustering for Bioinformatics???

Ayyagari Kiran kiran_ayyagari at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 00:13:55 EST 2001

Sir,

Iam a bioinformatics programmer having my skillsets in
Advanced Java programming and implementing three tier
applications in bioinformatics.

I worked in NT platform and have no much idea about
Linux applications in Bioinformatics.

Can Anyone help me understyanding the "LINUX
CLUSTERING TECHNOLOGY "for Bioinformatics
applications.

precisely I wanted to know,

1) what sort of bioinfo applications (mention
names)can run on linux clusters and why?

2) How can Linux clustering be of use to application
service providers.( people who develop linux
applications for Bioinfo comunity)

A.S.Kiran
Bioinformatics Programmer
DSQ Biotech Limited