[BiO BB] Re: BIO_Bulletin_Board digest, Vol 1 #6 - 10 msgs

kiran challapalli bioinformaticsckk at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 10 00:25:43 EST 2001

(I have completed m.sc(biosciences)& know
Cprogramming.what
other things should i learn,as to start a career in
bioinformatics.)

This is in responce to the above message . The  URL
given below gives you sites of different
bioinformatics tools.
http://genamics.com/software/index.htm

 There is an overwhelming number of softwares present
in this site. Take only one or two s/w in each topic
and see what they do.Otherwise, you will be lost in
that. I am working with DSQ,India.
Also, i may suggest you to check this URL of my club
which is good for amature bioinformaticians.
http://in.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/kiransbioinformaticsfriends
Best of luck,
Kiran Kuamr.C

--- bio_bulletin_board-admin at bioinformatics.org wrote:

> Send BIO_Bulletin_Board maillist submissions to
> 	bio_bulletin_board at bioinformatics.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the web, visit

> or, via email, send a message with subject or body
> 'help' to
> 	bio_bulletin_board-request at bioinformatics.org
> 	bio_bulletin_board-admin at bioinformatics.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it
> is more specific than
> "Re: Contents of BIO_Bulletin_Board digest...")
>

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. [Fwd: starting  a career in bioinformatics]
> (J.W. Bizzaro)
>   2. [Fwd: DNA testing] (J.W. Bizzaro)
>   3. Re: [Fwd: starting  a career in bioinformatics]
> (Indraneel Majumdar)
>   4. Re: [Fwd: starting  a career in bioinformatics]
> (Deanne)
>   5. Re: [Fwd: starting  a career in bioinformatics]
> (John S. J. Anderson)
>   6. Re: [Fwd: starting  a career in bioinformatics]
> (Deanne)
>   7. NETTAB: CFP extended to March 20th, 2001 (Paolo
> Romano)
>   8. bioinfotech (was: starting  a career...) (J.W.
> Bizzaro)
>   9. Re: bioinfotech (was: starting  a career...)
> (J.W. Bizzaro)
>   10. Re: bioinfotech (was: starting  a career...)
> (Deanne)
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 23:59:05 +0000
> From: "J.W. Bizzaro" <jeff at bioinformatics.org>
> To: bio_bulletin_board at bioinformatics.org
> Subject: [BiO BB] [Fwd: starting  a career in
> bioinformatics]
> boundary="------------A7315BAEBAEACCD5DBEA0238"

> --------------A7315BAEBAEACCD5DBEA0238
>
> This seems to be a recurring question.  Jeff
> --------------A7315BAEBAEACCD5DBEA0238

> Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 06:51:04 -0500
> To: admin at bioinformatics.org
> Subject: [tol-admin] starting  a career in
> bioinformatics
> From: karna <karna786 at hotmail.com>
> Sender: tol-admin-admin at bioinformatics.org
>
> I have completed m.sc(biosciences)& know
> Cprogramming.what
> other things should i learn,as to start a career in
> bioinformatics.

> --------------A7315BAEBAEACCD5DBEA0238--
>

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 23:59:39 +0000
> From: "J.W. Bizzaro" <jeff at bioinformatics.org>
> To: bio_bulletin_board at bioinformatics.org
> Subject: [BiO BB] [Fwd: DNA testing]
> boundary="------------00634F4D0C3268AC94698D08"

> --------------00634F4D0C3268AC94698D08
>

> --------------00634F4D0C3268AC94698D08

> Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:14:25 -0500
> To: admin at bioinformatics.org
> Subject: [tol-admin] DNA testing
> From: Bill McCarron <bluebird4 at wertv.net>
> Sender: tol-admin-admin at bioinformatics.org
>
> Hi
>
>   I doing a little amateur anthropology on a group
> of people known as the black irish. There is little
> [...]
=== message truncated ===