[BiO BB] Biological Database designing

Dawn Field dfield at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 21 07:33:56 EDT 2001

>Hello,

It would help if you told the list exactly what kind of data you hope
to store, how much curation you'll need to do once you sent up your
database, and a bit about how you hope to search it.

This would help people evaluate whether there are existing options or
whether you need to start from scratch...

Also, what's your computing background and what platform do you what
to develop for - will it be web based?

Dawn

>I would like to know if anybody has an idea how to create a small database
>i.e. for plant microbe interactions and involved genes respectively? The
>thought behind it is to create a small dataset to get results with higher
>statistical relevance & faster searching through? How could one start off ?
>
>best regards
>
>Helge

>-------------
>Dipl-Ing. Helge Tippmann
>Risoe National Laboratory
>Plant Research Department (PRD)
>Resistance Biology Programme (PLR)
>Building 330
>Fredriksborgvej 399, P.O. Box 49
>DK-4000 Roskilde
>
>http://www.risoe.dk/pbk/research_uk/plr/Defence/Arabidopsis.htm

Dawn Field
Molecular Evolution and Bioinformatics
CEH, Oxford
Mansfield Road
Oxford
OX1 3SR

Tel: *-44-(0)1865-281659 (direct)
Tel: *-44-(0)1865-281630 (reception to leave a message)
Fax: *-44-(0)1865-281696
http://www.nox.ac.uk/