[BiO BB] delta RMS

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Aug 18 22:08:34 EDT 2002

Hi Pete:

  RMS deviation (also known as standard deviation) is generally well
defined.  Could what you have be

	delta (RMS deviation)[i,j] = SD(i) - SD(j)

basically using the delta as a difference operator between two different
SD's?  This might be one of several possible "signatures" that an
analysis would use to compare measurement distributions, or set
thresholds for sub-sampling to help delineate clusters.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com