FW: [BiO BB] how to fetch sequences from web

Amonida Zadissa amonida_zadissa at yahoo.se
Sun Feb 3 20:18:31 EST 2002

Further comments on the NCBI Batch Entrez; unfortunately it does not always
work depending on some error that has not yet been solved. One solution is
using the main page of the NCBI, if you want to retrieve the sequences for many
accession numbers. Just remember to separate the accession numbers by comma and
then follow Joe's instructions for obtaining the sequences.

Cheers,
Amonida

> I might suggest also looking at the NCBI Entrez site at
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/ or batch Entrez at
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/batchentrez.cgi?db=Nucleotide
>

> For example, I used the accession BG938025 and put this into
> the search
> for text area.  I selected nucleotide.  I obtained a hit from the
> database, and changed the display from summary to FASTA and
> then clicked
> on the display button.  You can also click on the save button
> to make a
> local copy.
>
> Batch Entrez lets you do basically the same thing, but with a set of
> accession numbers.
>
> Joe
>

> > Quoting Peri Suraj <bioinfo_india at yahoo.com>:
> >
> > > Hi group,
> > >  Do you know if there is any tool which can fetch
> > > fasta formated sequences based on the accession
> > > numbers list what i have with me.
> > >  I know that we can do this in GCG and EMBOSS.
> > > I want a web based facility, because i do not have
> > > access to EMBOSS or GCG.
> > > Please reply soon !
> > > Thank you in advance
> > > Suraj Peri