[BiO BB] nexus format

Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten thomas at cbs.dtu.dk
Mon Jul 8 11:47:10 EDT 2002

Zola Jaroslaw <zola at k2.pcz.czest.pl> writes:
> I am looking for a complete description of NEXUS file format. I am
> interested also in C++ or C API for this format.

I have not found any complete description, but the paup documentation
http://paup.csit.fsu.edu/Cmd_ref_v2.pdf
together with our local paup guru from sytematic botanics usually covers
all my needs for nexus processing in python ...

You may or may not find this interresting:
Maddison, D. R., Swofford, D. L., Maddison, W. P. 1997.
NEXUS: An extensible file format for systematic information.
Syst. Biol. 46(4):590-621
http://newfish.mbl.edu/Course/References/PDF/maddisonetal.pdf

good luck
-thomas
(if you really find a complete description of NEXUS, please inform me :-)

--
Sicheritz-Ponten Thomas, Ph.D, thomas at biopython.org      (
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis                   \