[BiO BB] How to get the gene sequence efficiently

Chunlei Wu newgene at bigfoot.com
Mon Jul 15 14:49:22 EDT 2002

Hi, group,
             I have a problem need the help from the group; it may be
easy for the experienced experts here.
             I want to get the gene sequences for a list of genes (with
gene symbol, refseq accession number, etc). I know how to get the gene
sequence one-by-one from NCBI's genome viewer interface. But I am
wondering how I could get the gene sequences based on gene symbol more
efficiently and make it suitable to be commited by a script
automatically. That is a very common task when dealing with the genome
data. I bet there is a good solution already. I hope to get your suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

Chunlei Wu
Cancer Genomic Lab
MD Anderson Cancer Center