[BiO BB] gene

Parthav Jailwala pajailwala at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 09:22:56 EDT 2002

Hi Nikhil,

I guess you question has its answer in 'microarray analysis' of
gene expression profiles. You can find several intro on this if
you type the keyword 'microarray' in any search engine.
After all my interaction with gene expression profiles, i have
come to a conclusion that these expression ratios are only a
'snapshot' or a 'freeze' of the expression of sequences at a
point in time......actual biological significance can only be
derived if you do a temporal analysis of a group of related
genes....let me know what you read.

Parthav Jailwala
Research Assistant
Marquette University
Milwaukee, WI, USA
--- nikhil gadewal <ngadewal at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi group,
>
>    How one can find a presence of a gene in a
> particular tissue and level of expression.
>
>    Thank you in advance.
>
> with regards,
> Nikhil
>
> =====
> NIKHIL. S. GADEWAL           *   HOME ADDRESS
>                              *   # 22, subhshree apts,
>   Bioinformatics center,     *   near vijan hospital,
>   Cancer Research Institute, *   college road,
>   Parel, Mumbai-12.          *   nashik-422005
>   cri3 at soochak.ncst.ernet.in *   Phone no. 0253-580490
>   Phone no. 4123803 etx. 242 *

=====
The less time I have to work with, the more things I
get done.