[BiO BB] Volunteers for a quartly newsletter

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Fri Apr 18 18:57:36 EDT 2003

Greetings.

We're looking for some volunteers to help produce a quartly newsletter
for Bioinformatics.Org.  Some of the topics that could be covered in the
newsletter are as follows:

- Hosted project spotlights: a short review of a project hosted at
Bioinformatics.Org (we have 105!)

- Articles about free/open source/access in bioinformatics, including
projects outside of Bioinformatics.Org

- Articles about events in which Bioinformatics.Org is involved (e.g.,
the Annual Meeting)

- Notes about changes and developments in the Organization itself

- Reviews of books related to bioinformatics

- Listings of repository submissions (note that we are slowly developing
a repository mechanism, which will include software, algorithms, data,
publications/literature, and educational material--more on this later)

We will need several people to be involved.  Some of the work would
require good English, writing, and desktop publishing skills, but other
work wouldn't.  (It would be nice to produce the newsletter in LaTeX,
but other programs can be used.)  You can even contribute cartoons if
you'd like ;-)

If you're interested (and note that this is a *volunteer* position, like
everything else at Bioinformatics.Org for now), please contact me off of
the list <jeff at bioinformatics.org>.

Cheers.
Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
President, Bioinformatics.Org       http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                    -- Benjamin Franklin