[BiO BB] Script available for running mpiBLAST using SGE mpich parallel environment

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Apr 30 01:27:26 EDT 2003

Hi folks:

  I had been working on integrating mpiBLAST into various environments
for a number of customers recently.  After completing this work, I began
playing with the SGE mpich environment for another customer code.  Some
things clicked, and I developed a simple shell script to run mpiBLAST
through the SGE mpich environment.

  You can find it at
http://scalableinformatics.com/downloads/sge_mpiblast, and the writeup
is at http://scalableinformatics.com/sge_mpiblast.html .  This isn't
terribly fancy, but it worked well for me.  I have since integrated the
basic ideas into other customer environments with success.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC