[BiO BB] Proteomics Visualization?

Richard D. Hayes rdhayes at chem.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 5 20:35:23 EDT 2003

Hi.

I'm working in a proteomics/mass spectroscopy lab, and we're looking for a
simple way to assemble 2D gel images, spot locations, the mass spec data and
protein IDs into a nice clear presentation. Obviously, we could go with a
full-scale LIMS for this sort of thing, but the big professional packages
(from Biorad, for example) have currently been deemed overkill and too
expensive for the simple visualizations that we need. We're looking for a more
midrange approach.

Does anyone on this list have suggestions for this? Existing APIs and that
sort of thing are really what I'm looking for, as I have enough computer
experience to customize, build an interface, etc.

Also, does anyone have experience the the ExPASy Melanie suite?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Regards,
Richard D. Hayes
Graduate Student