[BiO BB] Bioinformatics Survey

Hershel Safer hershel.safer at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Dec 1 04:13:59 EST 2003

You might also check out the educational offerings at various
institutions (both physical and electronic) at www.iscb.org .
Hershel

On Friday, Nov 28, 2003, at 13:10 Asia/Jerusalem, Natalio Krasnogor
wrote:

> Dear Colleague,
>
> I am conducting a webioner (i.e. Web based Questionnaire) with the aim
> of capturing recognized researchers and educators views regarding
> bioinformatics education in academia.
>
>  The information you input will help me to devise a robust core
> bioinformatics curriculum for the School of Computer Science and IT at
> the University of Nottingham.
>
>  More specifically, this poll is aimed at trying to understand your
> perceptions of what should be included (and what left out)  in core
> bioinformatics and auxiliary modules,
> what skills must be developed in both teachers and learners, etc.
>
> I would very much appreciate your input as part of my information
> gathering efforts.
>
> The webioner can be found in:
>
> http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~nxk/POLL2/natWebioner.html
>

> Thanks in advance for your time and for sharing your expertise.
>
> Yours,
>
> Dr. N.Krasnogor
> Lecturer
> School of Computer Science and Information Technology
> University of Nottingham
> United Kingdom.
>
> --
> -----------
> NATALIO KRASNOGOR, Ph.D.    Automated Scheduling, Planning and
> Optimisation  Group
> Lecturer                    School of Computer Sciences and Information
> Technology
>                             Jubilee Campus
>                             University of
> Nottingham
> Tel.: +44 - 0115 - 8467592  Nottingham, NG81BB
>                             United Kingdom

> e-mail: Natalio.Krasnogor-replace all this by at
> symbol-nottingham.ac.uk

** Putting the "bio" back into bioinformatics
** The world's biggest and broadest bioinformatics conference!
** ISMB/ECCB 2004 will be held in Glasgow, Scotland, UK
** From 31 July - 4 August 2004
** For more information, visit http://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2004

Hershel M. Safer, Ph.D.
Head, Bioinformatics and Biological Computing
Weizmann Institute of Science
PO Box 26, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Tel: +972-8-934-3456
Fax: +972-8-934-6006