[BiO BB] Energy function for active site

Sourangshu Bhattacharya mtc0119 at isical.ac.in
Sun May 25 10:00:28 EDT 2003

Dear Mr. Canales,
Thank you very much for the information and very sorry for replying so
late.
Actually I wasn't looking for the packages but the explicit equations and
constants that model the ligand-receptor interactions.
Moreover, I believe DOCK is not freely available for download.
Do you think, Hydrophobicity plays any role in such interactions ?

Please let me know about your opinion.
Thank you

Sourangshu Bhattacharya
ISI Kolkata.

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Mauricio Canales wrote:

> Hello Sourangshu Bhattacharya
>
> Depends on the caracteristics of  the ligand. If  it is a peptide a pretty
> known package
> is DOCK http://www.cmpharm.ucsf.edu/kuntz/.
> I used GRAMM, http://reco3.ams.sunysb.edu/gramm/
> which was the best classified protein-protein docking procedure
> on CASP2 at the momment of the work. A model of amyloide peptide was docked
> onto acetylcholinesterase surface from Torpedo and it was experimentally
> tested.
> Energy functions are described in references at web pages. Normally
> they put more importance on nonbonded interactions: vanderwaals,
> electrostatics and h-bonds.
> I have not actualized later this topic so if you find other best procedures
> let me know it.
>
> Mauricio
>
> Center for Biotechnology
> UTFSM