[BiO BB] perl help

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Nov 15 19:47:16 EST 2003

Hi Matt:

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 19:33, Matt McCormick wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to construct a sequence, with start position x and end
> position y, from A.thaliana chromosome 1.  Does anyone have any code
> they would be willing to share that would do this? I have the current
> perl and bioperl modules installed.  Thank you.

   I might suggest giving a better specification of the problem.  You
have the chromosome 1 data in some format, and you need to extract a
particular section from it?  If this is the case, then is there a
particular reason why the substr function will not work?

	my $small = substr $sequence,$x,$y-$x+1 ;

Joe