[BiO BB] Matching and Filtering -- try grep- thanks

Pooja Jain pooja at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Nov 17 13:30:25 EST 2003

Hi Dmitri I Gouliaev ,
Thank you for your suggestion. I followed the grep man pages and used
grep -f  and it worked.

grep  -f 'file1.txt'  file2.txt  > file3.txt

Where file1.txt has the list of accession numbers corresponding to which I
would like to filter the details from file2.txt. But the above command
writes the contents of the file2.txt to file3.txt.

thanks again.

Regards,
-Pooja