[BiO BB] Blast comparison

Liu Haifeng lhaifeng at dso.org.sg
Thu Oct 2 21:51:55 EDT 2003

Hi,

I need to do comparisons between pairs of protein sequences.  I have
installed standalone Blast locally and would like to call it from my bioperl
program.  For using blastp, I am wondering if I can avoid to perform
formatdb first since I am comparing one sequence against another rather than
searching one sequence against a set of sequences?  I guess it must be
stupid to format a single sequence into a blast DB whenever I want to
perform a comparison.  I will appreciate your any advices and help on the
matter.  Thank you!

Sincerely

Haifeng Liu