[BiO BB] (no subject)

Martin Gollery mgollery at unr.edu
Thu Apr 8 15:00:49 EDT 2004

Tristan,
No personal experience, as it is brand new, but I know a bit about it.
This is a prebuilt G5 x cluster with the Inquiry tool from Bioteam
preinstalled. If you want to get up and running quickly, without messing
around with settings and installation scripts, this is an excellent way
to go. They claim that you will have 200 apps running on the web 30
minutes after you open the box, and I believe it. If you have people
that can set up EMBOSS, BLAST and HMMer with PISE on the web without a
great amount of fuss, then it might save you some money to roll your own.

And of course, religion may come into the decision as well, as it does
any time that operating systems and CPU's are discussed...

;-)