[BiO BB] organism code

Gary Bader bader at cbio.mskcc.org
Mon Dec 6 09:22:53 EST 2004

As far as I know, there is no standard for 3 letter organism names and
each resource that uses these names keeps its own list.  Three letter
codes can't cover more than 26^3 species and there are many more
species than this.  If you want to understand the codes from a specific
resource, you need to find that information in the documentation of
that resource.  If you want to just use existing codes for convenience,
KEGG maintains a list of its 3 letter codes for sequenced genomes here:
http://www.genome.jp/kegg/kegg2.html

Gary