[BiO BB] Re: [ssml] (no subject)

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 8 20:55:13 EST 2004

Hello Manisha!

Several groups have done semi-automatic and manual ATOM to SEQRES
mappings. I only know about two mappings in any detail.

One is done by the MSD in their relational database. If you ask the people
at the MSD they will give you their mapping table as a tab delimeted dump
(I think it is called the swissprot table) which includes ATOM, SEQRES and
SWISSPROT residue numbering, and the usual PDB residue identifiers
(RES_NO, CHAIN, ALT_LOC, ICODE).

The other mapping is done by SCOP and is maintained by ASTRAL in the easy
to parse 'RAF' files. The RAF format gives the same information as above,
and is manually curated (and they maintain a list of edits which
unfortunatly the MSD don't).

Sadly the current version of SCOP is quite old, and hence the RAF files
for the current version are also old. Perhaps if you ask the people at
astral they can give you a 'beta' release.

If you like I can send you my RAF parser which creates a nice tab
delimited format, but actually the files are trivial to parse, or the tab
delimited file from MSD is just as good.

Let me know how you get on,
All the best,
Dan.