[BiO BB] SEQRES and ATOM record mismatch

Goel, Manisha MAG at Stowers-Institute.org
Thu Dec 9 11:03:47 EST 2004

Dear James,
Thank you so much for the generous offer.
That would have been really helpful, except that I already have the
alignments done according to the SEQRES record sequences, and this
pulling seqs out of the ATOMS would mean that I would have to repeat
that step.
So at present I am looking for any shortcut method to just transform the
residue id's from SEQRES to ATOMS record.
But In case that does not work too well (for many yet unforseen reasons,
I guess) Can I still come back for help later ?
Best Regards,
-Manisha

-----Original Message-----
From: bio_bulletin_board-bounces at bioinformatics.org
[mailto:bio_bulletin_board-bounces at bioinformatics.org] On Behalf Of
James Stroud
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 4:42 PM
To: The general forum at Bioinformatics.Org
Subject: Re: [BiO BB] SEQRES and ATOM record mismatch

Will a tool that pulls sequence from the ATOM records help?

If so, I have written one that does this. It can do it programatically
(ie
automatically for a large number of sequences). I can send it to you if
you
like. It is part a python API. I am still developing it, so there is no
documentation, but I can write the two or three lines of code required
to use
it for this purpose.

James

--