[BiO BB] compile c++ MacOsX and Win32

Dr. Christoph Gille christoph.gille at charite.de
Sat Dec 18 09:21:29 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am preparing a uniform GUI + API for several sequence alignment and 3D
superposition procedures.

Has  someone already  compiled
the 3D superposition program CE for MacOSX and Win32
or the sequence alignment program Muscle for MacOSX ?

Or perhaps  someone could do it with little effort ?
These are powerful GNU-compatible C++ programs.

I am not sure whether it is possible to compile this into normal win32.
Can one execute a program compiled for Win32 cygwin using
Runtime.exec(argv[]) from a java program ?
If yes does cygwin delay the start significantly ?
Or do cygwin programs only run within cygwin environment ?

Both are excellent programs I can highly recommend and their  URLs are
ftp://ftp.sdsc.edu/pub/sdsc/biology/CE/src/
http://www.drive5.com/muscle/

Many thanks
Christoph