[BiO BB] CD-HIT project started at Bioinformatics.Org !
dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 14:31:23 EST 2004
Weizhong Li has moved his popular cd-hit software to bioinformatics.org
and created a new open source project!
cd-hit is used in a wide variety of applications, helping many people
quickly and efficiently create non-redundant sequence databases at high
sequence identity. Now the software is *open* for community development -
which means you too can help improve this already excellent package!
We are looking for developers and researchers of all experience levels
* Make cd-hit compatible with existing sequence IO libraries, to expand
the range of allowed input formats.
* Develop a range of useful output formats, including XML.
* Package cd-hit with gnu configure utilities to expand the range of
platforms for which cd-hit can be reliably used.
* Research the all important sequence clustering benchmark 'sub project'
of cd-hit, working to develop rigorous measures of sensitivity,
selectivity and optimisation for a range of clustering tools and
* Begin to KO the few existing bugs in the cd-hit bug list.
Also, if you use cd-hit, we would like to know!
More information about the BBB