[BiO BB] database design question

Rowland, John G A j.g.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Feb 21 12:28:02 EST 2004

I am currently in the process of building a small database in MS Access for the purposes of storing (in a computationally searchable format) protocol and results data from published and unpublished material.

I would like to be able to search this database for a particular gene/protein and see all instances of its occurrence, regardless of the use of synonyms and not restrictiong it to only pulling out a specific Accession number.

Unfortunately I am unsure of the best table/relationship setup to acheive this!

Can anyone offer any insight into this problem? (I have googled and googled for about 6 months...)

Regards,

John