[BiO BB] Protein Families.

Bruno Afonso brunomiguel at dequim.ist.utl.pt
Wed Jul 14 08:50:11 EDT 2004

I believe those are SCOP definitions? Check out the SCOP paper as well
as its references and papers referencing SCOP.

If you want a quick explanation, you can grab Structural Bioinformatics
(Philip Bourne) from wiley and look on the SCOP chapter.

Nur'Aini Abdul Rashid wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm working on clustering algorithms and looking for data to test on...
> The problem is I don't quite understand how families is define in
> proteins.. Can someone explain it.. or tell me where I can learn all
> those basics  ex.
> What are the differences between protein families, superfamilies and domain
> Thanks
> Nora.
> <http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=309&lang=9>  /IncrediMail/ -
> *Email has finally evolved* - *_Click Here_*
> <http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=309&lang=9>

Bruno Miguel Afonso
Biological Eng. student
D.E.Q. @ I.S.T. - Portugal