[BiO BB] DNA Strider

Yannick Wurm idh at poulet.org
Tue Mar 30 19:47:35 EST 2004

Hi,
Thanks for all the feedback!
I have checked out both sms2 and emboss, and both seem very powerfull.
 From what I gather though, both only seem to output text!
For restriction enzyme cleavage sites, getting an overview with a
schema such as this one can be a great help though:
http://bcr.musc.edu/images/dnastrider.gif

I know I won't be able to replace DNA Strider before I find something
that makes nice visual maps as well...

Did I miss something?

yannick.

On 30-Mar-04, at 7:14 PM, Gary Van Domselaar wrote:
> Hey Gang,
>
> For platform-independant sequence _manipulation_ there is the sequence
> manipulation suite:
>
> http://bioinformatics.org/sms2
>
> SMS2 and EMBOSS together cover most of what you can expect to get out
> of
> an old sequence analysis package like DNA strider.
>
> Decidedly,
>
> g.
\\  http://yannick.poulet.org icq: 22044361
\\  idh at poulet.org  tel: ++33.6.16.41.71.92