[BiO BB] GI numbers

Michel Dumontier micheld at mshri.on.ca
Wed Mar 31 10:40:37 EST 2004

Hi Robson,

  Since 14600509 and 5103570 are identifiers for identical sequences but
from different sources, they can be found in the same definition line in the
non-redundant fasta file that NCBI provides on it's FTP site (as a BLAST
database distribution - nr.gz).

This file and each definition line entry has been imported into Seqhound
(http://seqhound.mshri.on.ca), and is searchable under the redundant group
module with a variety of programming interfaces (C/C++/Perl/Java).

-=Michel=-