[BiO BB] GeneBank to SwissProt Mapping?

Svensson, B.A.T. (HKG) B.A.T.Svensson at lumc.nl
Fri May 14 10:16:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 15:28, Dan Bolser wrote:
> On 14 May 2004, Svensson, B.A.T. (HKG) wrote:
>
> >What data do you have to start with?
>
> BIND.... I am thinking that blast will get the job done if I use refseq...

I don't know about BIND, but if you have refseq, then you will be able
to fetch the protein identifier (PID) as well as well as the official
gene symbol from NCBI's data set UniGene (pre-blasted as to say), this
should be enough to link to your data. If you need help with retrieving
PID's and gene symbols, let me know and I can make a query in my own
database to retrieve this data for you - or anything else you need from
UniGene.

Precisely which EBI dataset would you like to link to?