[BiO BB] BLAST: locally installed databases

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Aug 11 12:09:45 EDT 2005

Attached is the file get_nr.pl which will download the nr and nt
database from NCBI to the local machine as root to the directory
/usr/local/ncbi/db.

It does this by comparing the .tar.gz file timestamp on NCBI with the
one on your local machine.  If the one on NCBI is newer, the file is
downloaded.

The script is pretty simply and should get you going.  If you have any
questions, let me know and I'll answer what I can.  It was written for
Solaris, so you might need to change paths to some stuff for other
environments as well as download location...

Good luck,

Ryan