[BiO BB] Blast report viewer

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:02:48 EST 2005

The Web page says the program is written in Java and that the reason
the developer distributes it for Windows only is:

"I could only find one one freely available and convenient tool to
design an installation wizard: NIS (Nullsoft Install System). As soon
as I find a tool to create such a wizard for Linux and MacOS-X, I will
design installation procedures for these OS."

Seems like Java Web Start would solve this distribution problem. It
works pretty well with all major platforms and all the user has to do
is visit a Web page, like with:

http://www.affymetrix.com/support/developer/tools/download_igb.affx

Maybe you could ask the developer to provide a Java Web Start page for
the program?

It does look quite useful.

-Ann