[BiO BB] MrBayes issues in parallel

Matthew King kingdom at wsu.edu
Wed Jan 12 16:06:41 EST 2005

I have implemented parallel MrBayes on our G5 Xserve cluster using
MPICH with the Bioteam's Inquiry software. we have 12 dual processor
g5's
I am having the following issues

1. when I use the nolocal argument with mpirun MrBayes will run through
the analyses twice. If I do not use the nolocal argument it runs
through only once. i use the command
:mpirun -np 4 -nolocal -machinefile
<pathtomachinefile>/machinefile.freebsd.ppc <pathtoMrbayes>/mb_mpi
datafile.nex
I have it set up so that I am using specific machine files to designate
which processors to run on. we run only 4 chains so i am only picking 4
processors. I have not yet implemented it into the SGE yet.

2. When I include the quit command at the end of the MrBayes block I
get a debugging error WARNING: Memory (2) has not been freed hit any
key. This error makes it so the program does not quit automatically.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Matt