[BiO BB] Call for Tutorials for CSB 2005: 4th IEEE Computational Systems Bioinformatics Conference
penghanchuan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 19:29:19 EST 2005
(We apologize if you receive duplicated copies of this email.)
Call for Tutorials
CSB 2005: 4th IEEE Computational Systems Bioinformatics Conference
The tutorials with be offered on August 8, 2005 at Stanford, CA.
Abstracts for tutorials are due February 15, 2005.
Tutorial sessions are 2.5 hours either in the morning or the afternoon
of August 8th. We invite submissions for tutorials relevant to
biomedical informatics. Due to the diverse backgrounds of tutorial
attendees, topics spanning biomedicine, computer science and biomedical
informatics are appropriate. Appropriate topics include but are not
* Biomedical Visualization and Imaging
* Controlled Vocabularies and Ontologies
* Biomolecular Analysis, Structure and Function Prediction
* Biomolecular modeling including cellular, organ/tissue
* Sequence Analysis
* Visualization and Analysis of biological networks and pathways
* Comparative Genomics
* Clinical Systems for Decision Support
* Electronic medical records
* Microarray technologies for functional genomics
* Topics of current biological interest including RNAi, FRET,
alternative splicing, gene therapy, etc.
* Mass spectrometry and Proteomics
* Structural Genomics
* Computer security for Patient Privacy
Proposals should contain the following information:
* Tutorial title. Expected goals and objectives
* Detailed outline of the presentation
* Intended audience: indicate level with respect to biomedicine,
algorithmics, statistics, programming, etc.
* Cite relevant qualifications and teaching experience
All submissions will be evaluated by a committee, which will consider
the following criteria in the selection process:
* Relevance, interest, and value of the topic to attendees
* Expertise and experience of the presenters in the proposed topic
* Presentation quality
The tutors agree to provide participants with access to materials
* A detailed outline of the presentation
* Copies of the slides
* Copies of Supplementary Information
Questions about tutorials should be addressed to the tutorial Chair,
Betty Cheng at bcheng at stanford.edu or 650-723-2380, and co-chair,
Hanchuan Peng at hpeng at lbl.gov, or 510-486-6976. Check
http://www.csbcon.org for other information of the conference.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.
More information about the BBB