[BiO BB] A database system for in-house sequence collections

Marcos Oliveira de Carvalho operon at cbiot.ufrgs.br
Fri Jun 3 08:46:12 EDT 2005

Hi Vered,

I have tested and used Sabia (http://www.sabia.lncc.br/), GenDb
(http://www.cebitec.uni-bielefeld.de/groups/brf/software/gendb_info/) and
Manatee (http://manatee.sourceforge.net/) for microbial genome management
and annotation (all are good tools, I recommend that you try each and see
what fits better to your needs). For EST sequences I found StackPack
(http://www.sanbi.ac.za/CODES/STACKPACK_REQUEST/) very useful. If you are
looking systems for more complex genomes, you should try GMOD
(http://www.gmod.org/) and ENSEMBL (http://www.ensembl.org/)

Cheers

Marcos