[BiO BB] difference between Refseq and Uniprot

Stefanie Lager stefanielager at fastmail.ca
Mon Jun 27 02:08:17 EDT 2005

It's redundancy both in Uniprot and In Refseq. Refseq contain splice
variants but no fragments, it has good coverage. While SwissProt doesn't
contain fragments or spice variants, but the coverage isn't quite as
good. But TrEMBL does contain fragments and  splice variants. For a few
species the IPI database could be an alternative
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/IPI/IPIhelp.html  . It's a mergeer of UniProt,
RefSeq and Ensembl. IPI has good coverage, and it contains splice
variants, but few fragments.

Stefanie