[BiO BB] Anounce: Course on statistical analysis of proteomics data
Sole Acha, Xavi
x.sole at ico.scs.es
Fri May 6 05:40:18 EDT 2005
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF MASS SPECTROMETRY DATA:
finding proteomic biomarkers for diagnosis and prognosis.
Barcelona, September 14th-16th 2005
Dr. Victor Moreno
Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Unit
Cancer Epidemiology and Registry Department
Catalan Institute of Oncology.
Advances in mass spectrometry over the last few years have led to a
in the field of proteomics. This course will cover all the issues
mass spectrometry data analysis, from raw data to final discovery of
biomarkers and classification of samples according to their protein
All the lectures will be given in English by:
Prof. Yukata Yasui
Department of Public Health Sciences
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
University of Alberta
Short preliminary program:
1. Brief introduction to biology, genomics and proteomics.
2. Introduction to mass spectrometry (MS).
3. MS data preprocessing and experimental design.
4. Analysis of single peaks as biomarkers.
5. Defining proteomic patterns: building and testing predictors with MS
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BBB