[BiO BB] (no subject)

Magda Mansour magda_mansour at yahoo.fr
Mon May 16 13:21:22 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to start working with the NCBI C++ Toolkit.

I have already downloaded the files by FTP, run the
"configure" command successfully, run the "make"
command unsuccessfully :(
{
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/mansour/NCBI/toolbox/GCC342-Debug/build/bdb'
bdb_file.cpp:
In member function `void
ncbi::CBDB_RawFile::PrintStat(ncbi::CNcbiOstream&)':
/bdb_file.cpp:491: error: 'struct __db_bt_stat' has no
member named 'bt_empty_pg'
make[3]: *** [bdb_file.o] Error 1
}

Forgetting about this error for a while and following
The NCBI C++ Toolkit Book:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=toolkit
It talks about CVS as an alternative to the FTP
download, so I thought I could skip this part but the
tutorial continuously refers to CVS and as I'm not
friendly with CVS, I failed in making the parallelism
between the commands with CVS and without.

So, now I'm trying to work with CVS in order to
understand it better. Starting with defining the
$CVSROOT, I finally succeeded in running the command
"cvs login" and entered the password ?allowed? but I
got an "Unknown host cvsvault" message...

It has been many days that I am working on these
problems, if somebody can help me in any of these, I
would be very grateful.

Magda Mansour