[BiO BB] Molecular Genomics

Martin Jambon martin_jambon at emailuser.net
Tue Nov 8 15:57:24 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, sunita ahire wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to bioinformatics.
> Can somebody tell me what topics are covered under the
> subject of "molecular" genomics.

Molecular biology refers to biological macromolecules such as
DNA or proteins and their manipulation, often using other macromolecules,
and does not mean "chemistry applied to biology".

So I guess that "molecular genomics" means that it consists in
using the techniques of "molecular biology" for "genomics". It would be a
buzzword which replaces "molecular genetics", but I have to say that I
never understood the nuance between "molecular biology" and "molecular
genetics" anyway.

Martin

--
Martin Jambon, PhD