[BiO BB] question on processing LC/MS data

James Anderson janderson_net at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 18:41:27 EDT 2006

Hi, llya
  Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we don't have Waters Masslynx software. I asked some people in this field, they said that Masslynx can convert those raw files (binary file) to mzXML. However, the raw data we have is not binary file, it is txt file. I don't know how to deal with this.

  Thanks.

  James

Ilya Venger <ivenger at wisemail.weizmann.ac.il> wrote: Hi,
If you have Waters QTOF you might also have the MassLynx software. You
can use the program "databridge" that comes with the Waters Masslynx
software (it can be found in the "start" menu in the same tab where the
MassLynx is). It is a converter between the different file formats. It
will produce more than one file, the biggest one contains the relevant
data.

If you have any more question don't hesitate to ask.

Ilya

>>> janderson_net at yahoo.com 04/07/06 6:10 AM >>>

Hi,

   I am now working on some LC/MS data (the machine is made by

Waters). I have the raw data file, each sample has very large size (in
the order

of several G bytes). Each file has 3 functions and each function has a
lot

of scans with each scan corresponding to a retention time. I have 6

control samples and 6 dosed samples, the purpose is to find those
proteins that

are differentially expressed between the two groups (control and dose).
The data is the raw txt file produced by Water Q Tof. However, I don't
know how
to convert those txt files to NetCDF or mzXML format which could be
processed
by some software. In addition, the format of each sample is
as follows:
Each sample has 3 functions.
Function 1. Full scan data
Function 2. Cell collision voltage data, this is developed by Waters to
identify peptides.
Function 3. Lock mass data, which is used to calibrate the spectrum.
Does anybody have similar experience processing this kind of data?

   Many thanks.

   James

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and
save big.
Bioinformatics.Org general forum  -  BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org