[BiO BB] Number of enzymes in each KEGG pathway

Goel, Manisha MAG at Stowers-Institute.org
Mon Apr 10 13:45:27 EDT 2006

Hi Samantha,
Thanks a ton for the pointer. This helps a lot..
-Manisha

	-----Original Message-----
	From:
bio_bulletin_board-bounces+mag=stowers-institute.org at bioinformatics.org
[mailto:bio_bulletin_board-bounces+mag=stowers-institute.org at bioinformat
ics.org] On Behalf Of Samantha Fox
	Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 12:27 PM
	To: The general forum at Bioinformatics.Org
	Subject: Re: [BiO BB] Number of enzymes in each KEGG pathway

	Hey,
	This might be helpful :
	ftp://ftp.genome.jp/pub/kegg/pathways/
	And then goto the specific organism you are interested in.

	~S

	On 4/10/06, Goel, Manisha <MAG at stowers-institute.org> wrote:

		Hi All,

		I am trying to do a simple analysis of a genome for
which I have KEGG maps.
		However, I want to compare the number of proteins for
each pathway in the genome of our interest and in other organisms like
human, fly and worms.

		Is there an easy way to calculate the number of
"organism specific" proteins known for each KEGG pathway ?

		Thanks,
		-Manisha

		Bioinformatics.Org general forum  -
BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org