[BiO BB] PDB format

Kalidas Yeturu ykalidas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:01:39 EDT 2006

Hi Othman
 I have been using pdb coordinates of any atom in pdb-file as with respect
to origin (0,0,0) ie., origin is not explicitly looked for in the pdb-file.
Once this system is established, you can apply your own rotation/translation
matrices to each coordinate.

With Regards
Kalidas.Y

On 4/11/06, Fazilah Othman <fazot at cs.usm.my> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

> How to find the* origin* and *3 orthogonal vectors* for coordinate system
> (or reference system) used in any PDB data? I have gone thru PDB format
> descriptions (esp. in crystallographic and coordinate transformation
> section), but still getting out of no where. I think the info is there, but
> I cannot understand or digest it correctly. I cannot find anybody familiar
> with PDB here in my institution. Please help.
>

> p/s:I want to try locating the same point in 2 different coordinate
> systems (name it csA and csB). csA is the coordinate system from the PDB
> file (that is what I am trying to find out) and csB is the coordinate system
> created by me (I have the origin and 3 orthogonal vectors).
>

> Thanks.

> *-Fazot-*

Kalidas Y
http://ssl.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~kalidas