[BiO BB] Fish genomics

Nagesh Chakka nagesh.chakka at anu.edu.au
Tue Apr 25 03:37:09 EDT 2006

Hi All,
I just started work with fish genomes for my comparative study. I am a
bit puzzled as to why three different fish species were selected for
sequencing (Danio rerio </Danio_rerio/>, Fugu rubripes,
</Fugu_rubripes/>and Tetraodon nigroviridis). Is there is any advantage
in each of these species selected for sequencing which is not there in
the other? I am addressing this question to this forum as I have a
feeling that someone out there may be working with fish genome and may
be having extensive information about what I was looking for. Please
also note that I could not find any straight forward answer to my
question searching the web. </Tetraodon_nigroviridis/>
Thanks
Nagesh