[BiO BB] DATE CHANGE - European Conf. on ComputationalBiology (ECCB)

Hershel Safer hershel.safer at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Aug 1 06:08:07 EDT 2006

We will have a forum for late-breaking results, and we may also accept
more posters. We're still working out the details and will post them
when they are set. Please check the website, www.eccb06.org, for details
in a few weeks. Thanks,
Hershel

Sarah Wang wrote:
> Do you still accept poster presentations if the meeting date is changed? I'm
> interested in a poster presentation at the conference, if it's held in
> January.
>
> Best
>
> Sarah
>
> On 7/30/06 5:18 AM, "Hershel Safer" <hershel.safer at weizmann.ac.il> wrote:
>

>> We appreciate the concern that some people have expressed regarding the
>> security situation in Israel and how it will affect the safety of
>> participants in the 5th European Conference on Computational Biology
>> (ECCB Œ06). In order to host a high-quality conference that people will
>> feel comfortable attending, we are delaying the conference to January
>> 21-24, 2007.
>>
>> The conference schedule will remain unchanged to the greatest extent
>> possible. We are in the process of contacting all the speakers to verify
>> that they will be able to participate on the new dates. The scientific
>> program is available for viewing on the web at www.eccb06.org
>> <http://www.eccb06.org/>, and any changes will be displayed there.
>>
>> Many people will have achieved new results during the intervening
>> months. We are planning an additional session for presenting
>> late-breaking results; we will send an announcement once the details
>> have been worked out.
>>
>> We realize that some people have already made travel plans, and in
>> particular may have to pay penalties to reschedule their airline
>> tickets. Travel to Eilat should be somewhat less expensive in January
>> than in September, which should help offset the change fee. In addition,
>> hotel prices will be approximately 10% lower; detailed prices will be
>> posted on the website when they are available. Overall, the change in
>> dates should have at most a small effect on the cost of participation.
>>
>> People who have already registered for the conference can simply
>> maintain their reservations, and hotel reservations made via the
>> conference website will be moved to the corresponding dates in January;
>> confirmations will be sent shortly.
>>
>> The early-registration deadline will be extended to Tuesday, November
>> 21, 2006. Anybody who has already registered at the regular registration
>> rate will be charged only the early-registration fee.
>>
>> The new dates will, unfortunately, be inconvenient for some people who
>> planned to participate in September. Cancellations received by August
>> 31, 2006, will be processed without a cancellation fee. Thereafter, the
>> standard policy will apply; cancellations until three weeks before the
>> start of the conference will be charged a $30 processing fee.
>>
>> The weather in Eilat is very pleasant in January, averaging 22C (72F).
>> Always pleasant as a Red Sea resort, Eilat is especially attractive
>> during the northern-hemisphere winter months.
>>
>> Eilat itself is safe, both in terms of street crime and terrorist
>> activity. Travel from Ben Gurion International Airport to Eilat is also
> [...]

Hershel M. Safer, Ph.D.
Chair, 5th European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB '06)
Head, Bioinformatics Core Facility
Weizmann Institute of Science
PO Box 26, Rehovot 76100, Israel
v: +972-8-934-3456 | f: +972-8-934-6006 | skype: hsafer
e: hershel.safer at weizmann.ac.il | hsafer at alum.mit.edu
w: http://bioportal.weizmann.ac.il | http://alum.mit.edu/www/hsafer

Plan now for ECCB '06!
5th European Conference on Computational Biology
Eilat, Israel, January 21-24, 2007
Visit www.eccb06.org for details