[BiO BB] New setup Bioinformatics

Balamurugan R rb at hcl.in
Wed Aug 16 01:02:05 EDT 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 04:56:36 -0700 (PDT), Rajib Borpuzari wrote
> Dear Member,
>
> I want to setup new bioinformatics centre in a
> institute through that to create database of almost
> 2000 Germplasm.Therefore you may please give me answer
> for following queries.
>
> 1.Initial infrastructure requirement.
Depends on how you want to setup your lab.

HARDWARE:
a. Atleast a workstation or a server machine to host your database.
b. you may require some Desktop machines as client (depends on the number of
intended users in the lab).

> 2.Software to create database.
If you opt for all linux solution then you get postgresql (GNU) and
MYSQL(LGPL) versions of databases that you could use.

> 3.Total cost of in Indian rupee.
With all Linux solution, you will be spending only for your hardware and
probably for your internet connectivity ofcourse.

> Thanking you.
> With best regards,
> R.Borpuzari

Best Regards,