[BiO BB] NCBI NR size history

Wilfred Li wilfred at sdsc.edu
Mon Aug 21 19:26:18 EDT 2006

I had some data collected on the number of protein sequences in NR
between May 2000 to May 2003, and it's shown in Figure 2 of this New
Generation Computing paper. Unfortunately I can't find the raw numbers,
and don't have anything more recent after that.

http://nbcr.net/users/wilfred/publications/2003_Encyc_Grid_Software_NGC.
pdf

If someone had periodically downloaded NR, and kept an archive of the
major releases, one can probably do a quick count from that. I know we
haven't kept a record of it except for the most recent version.

Regards,

Wilfred