[BiO BB] Updating NCBI databases

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Wed Feb 8 23:41:05 EST 2006

I think the easiest way is to do a 'ps -ef | grep blast'.  If it returns
a process (other than itself) in the list, then you know someone is
running blast.

The other (simpler) option is to maintain a seperate BLAST database that
you can copy in place under a standard maintainence window.  We normally
reboot our server once a month when system patches are applied.  During
this outage period, the new database could be copied in place.

Let me know what you end up doing.  I'm curious to the solution you
decide on.  I might want to use that here.

Ryan