[BiO BB] Designing degenerate primers

Maximilian Haeussler maximilianh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:47:51 EST 2006

To import sequences into vector NTI:
Yes, you can download the alignments from ucsc directly, but only in
maf-format. If you need them converted to fasta, you can do it manually if
it's only a few sequences (search-replace) or use a script maf2fasta which
does to conversion for you. (if you cannot find it, I also have written
python script that does it)

I quote from the genome-mailinglist at ucsc:

Hi Robert,

You may try the download the multiz program from:
http://www.bx.psu.edu/miller_lab/dist/multiz-tba-2005-04-28.tar.gz. In there
you can find a program called maf2fasta, which can convert MAF to FASTA
format.

regards,
Hong