[BiO BB] help me as soon as possible

kousik kundu kousik_bioinfo at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 00:32:41 EST 2006

Hi!
I'm into a short project (domain problem).
To find out unique conserved region among conserved regions of genomes in
evolution
right from very primitive species to highly advanced species using internet
& public databases as the working platform
The results would include
>DNA seq. of Unique conserved region & protein seq if available
>SNPs identified in the unique conserved region
What"ll be the likely approach to this problem with respect to the tools .
Should i go for similarity search or identity? multiple or global alignment
& which level of genome (transcriptome/mRNA) should i work with?
I'll be highly thankful for ur guidance